Savannah Law School
Savannah, Georgia, 80,000 sf
After years of vacancy and disrepair, the Old Candler Hospital Complex will have a new identity as the Savannah Law School, a branch of Atlanta's John Marshall Law School. Renovations of the facility are occurring in a multi-phased project over the next few years. The first phase of the project, completed in November 2012, included the renovation of a 1955 brick wing facing Drayton Street. The second phase includes the restoration of the original 1819 Savannah Hospital, and the demolition of a four story concrete building which will re-establish East Huntingdon Street as a vehicular and pedestrian corridor. The completed complex is anticipated to have over 400 students and faculty, and an additional 15,000sf of Class "A" office and retail space.