This stately historic residence, built in 1840, stands at the corner of Abercorn and Perry Streets, across from Colonial Park Cemetery in Savannah. The project comprised a full rehabilitation and restoration of the 5,000sf historic building and included a two-story 1,500sf addition to transform the building from four separate apartments into a single-family home. The addition was built within the existing footprint of the building, over top of the one- and two-story wings at the rear of the property, and was designed to appear subservient to the historic structure both in massing and materials.
The finished design includes a luxurious master suite, four additional bedrooms, generous living spaces and a home office, a gourmet kitchen, multiple roof decks, and a side courtyard garden. Beyond a broader return to the home’s historic plan, special attention was given to the restoration and enhancement of architectural and decorative details, including solid-granite front steps, refurbished plaster, and mahogany wall paneling.